FUNDING YEAR #9 2018-19: Success Including $2267 for communication equipment-batteries, printer, cellphone.
Now onto #10!
Volunteer, community-managed, full scholarships for 50 of the most impoverished children in Grand Ravine, Port-Au-Prince. Attending the St. Mary Magdalen Classical Center, a Catholic school. Funded by HopeForHaiti:Education-HHE, a ministry within St. Columba Church, Oakland. Fiscally sponsored by Sirona Cares Foundation. Partially--$8,000--sponsored by St.Columba Church. Mail "HHE" check to HHE P.O. Box 8975 Emeryville, Ca 94662. If you prefer giving through St. Columba, make the check out to St. Columba with HHE in the memo. Otherwise make regular checks to HHE. Tax-exempt receipts will be delivered. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SPONSORS--INDIVIDUAL OR GROUPS, $250 PER STUDENT! YOU CAN START NOW TO DONATE TO YEAR #10. WE ALSO ARE LOOKING FOR $$$ TO HELP CREATE A PEACE PROGRAM THAT WILL STOP THE ONGOING VIOLENCE BY MILITANT GANGS. JUST PUT "PEACE" IN YOUR CHEQUE MEMO!
SUMMER'S END "WHITE PARTY", AUG. 18 Big Success!
This year people said this was the best of 4! We had wine, food, live music with Randy Moore, silent auction. Why "White" party? A southern custom of coming out at the end of summer with white clothes. "A beautiful sight dressed in end of summer white". We have been able to send the necessary funds for tuition and school supplies for the 50 kids at St. Mary Magdalene Classical Center. Also we have obtained funding for a communication system: computer, internet... We want to support this school to work on peaceful resolution of violent gang activities that have shut down our school regularly for the last several years Thanks to all our donors!. SEE SLIDESHOW BELOW: put mouse on first pic and click "play", every 7 seconds pic changes. To stop show, press "PAUSE" on the left of the current pic. You can select pics by numbers. You can see all numbers by dragging them with mouse to left or right and then click on the one you want.
FISH FRY-KARAOKE Apr. 13, 2018 6-10 Great Success!
PAST FUNDRAISERS FOR YEAR #8
FISH FRY - KARAOKE! APRIL 26,2017, FRIDAY 6 PM
Great Success! $2,200
Haitian Culture Night! 2016 - Guest: Pres. Point-du-Jour; The Whistler! Kablaya, Olison; A success: great food, music, guest!
SUCCESS! JAN 9TH HAITI CULTURAL NIGHT, 2016 COMMEMORATION OF THE EARTHQUAKE - THE WHISTLER! $1500+ CURRY JERSEY RAFFLE! $2,450 RAISED
At St. Columba we held a Pre-Holiday Boutique in the parish hall, Nov. 8, 2015. We netted $500! We sold classy gifts and hand-crafted items by our very own parishioners. Please consider still shopping "off the grid" away from corporate America before Black Friday and buying local, re-using resources, and putting your money toward supporting our 100 students in Haiti for a 7th year of schooling! These values are integral to our Catholic faith--sharing our riches and conserving our resources. Donate $20 for a Curry Jersey raffle chance!
END OF SUMMER "WHITE PARTY" - AUG. 29 4-8
ST. COLUMBA PARISH HOUSE GARDEN
A HUGE SUCCESS $4,000+ TO GET OUR 100 STUDENTS INTO YEAR 6! THANKS FIRST TO ELENA GAUDET, THE PERSON WITH THE GREAT IDEA AND THE ORGANIZER! THANKS TO THIS GREAT TEAM WHO MADE SUCH A WELL DONE, IMPRESSIVE PARTY. This fundraiser brings us close to funding our 100 scholarships for year 6! We still need about $2,000 to finish tuition payments and our expenses for bank fees and our communications person. Please consider donating for this! See PayPal button below.
DONATIONS/PARTIAL OR FULL SCHOLARSHIPS:
DONATIONS/PARTIAL OR FULL SCHOLARSHIPS:
- FULL SCHOLARSHIP: $250 tuition plus supplies. Program managed by volunteers. Overhead costs are minimal, $1200 out of $25,000 for transportation, phone, internet
- Think about doing a group scholarship-- 5 people @$50 = $250!
- Or make a donation and we can put it with other donations to make a scholarship!
- CHECKS: Make checks payable to HOPE FOR HAITI:EDUCATION, Send donations/checks made out to Hope For Haiti:Education, P.O. 8975, Emeryville, Ca. 94662 .
- TAX EXEMPTION: THOSE WISHING TAX EXEMPTION WILL RECEIVE A LETTER CONFIRMING THEIR DONATION. OUR FISCAL SPONSOR: SIRONA CARES FOUNDATION.
- CASH: THOSE WISHING TO DONATE CASH, CALL TOM LUCE, 510-575-6326 TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS. ALL DONATIONS WILL BE VERIFIED BY A THANK YOU.
- THOSE WISHING NEWS WILL RECEIVE A REGULAR NEWSLETTER BY E-MAIL.
- PayPal see button here below:
GET INVOLVED IN FUNDRAISING -
$25,000 annually - 100 students
A FIRST:we finished year #3 with our bills paid up to date! YEAR #4: Thanks to generous donors from HaitiRise!(DBA), we were able to pay year #5 in full on time.
Year #6 was completely funded. Our goal is now year #8, 2017-2018.
*Recruiting sponsors, *working events.
Call Tom Luce, 510-575-6326
ONGOING RECRUITMENT OF SPONSORS-- INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP
Contact Tom Luce firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-575-6326
Give a gift in your name to Hope For Haiti:Education, a gift of justice.
THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO HELP RAISE MONEY: School supplies; tuition for year = $25,000*
*100 STUDENTS (reduced from 170 to better meet our goal.)
- Organize sales events--yard, flea, books, at other churches, at your place or at a park
- Recruit sponsors: other parishes, groups of people such as a class of students, a group at work, organizations
- Work on on-line and grant writing possibilities
- Create other events, receptions, dinners, card games (why not Texas Hold'Em?)
- Join coming year's annual events
When only a few get involved it becomes hard work, but with a lot, the workload gets light. Tell your friends!